Monday, May 24, 2010

Let's get wonky!

For my month, I've chosen the wonky log-cabin block. It's super easy, and another block that is great for scraps. I wrote this blog post about it a while back, with several pictures of my test blocks. And here's a nice tutorial for a wonky log cabin block (though I'd like the center square not cut wonky).



Some details:

- Start with a 3" square in the middle (and don't cut this wonky)

- Do slightly wonky log cabin (or courthouse square) piecing around that, until the block is at least 12.5" in both dimensions. It probably won't be square and that's just fine.

- I love bright colors, so go crazy!

- You don't have to square up the block when you're done

- Iron the seams to one side, whatever is the easy way (usually that's towards the outside of the block)

I think that's it, but let me know if I missed anything!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is adorable. I just linked to it. Now I want to go and search for sheets!!!! Tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Driving Miss Stacey
    Sew Far Sew Good Quilt Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you picked out! So beautiful :) i love bright colors too, they make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete